Most people have heard of a liability umbrella policy (aka: umbrella policy), but they aren't exactly sure what it is or what it does.
In general, an umbrella policy is 'additional' liability coverage designed to payout for a catastrophic event. This policy will pay out only after the underlying
policy limits on the auto or home policy have been exhausted.
In our litigious society it's a good idea for everyone to purchase a liability umbrella policy, because we are all capable of accidently causing high dollar injuries to others in automobile accident. And almost all of drive a car at least once a day. But there are a few people and situations that are at particularly high risk for needed high liability insurance coverage.
If you fall into one of the categories below, you are at risk of having a high liability loss.
- Are wealthy or have a high income earning ability, now or in the future
- Own a swimming pool, pond or have another water source on your property where someone could fall in and get hurt
- Own a boat, ATV's, or jet skies
- Own a dog, horse or other large animals
- Manage a Family Trust
- Entertain regularly or regularly have people in your home
- Operate a small business out of your home such as piano teacher or home daycare
- Have teenagers, particularly teen drivers
- Have a high public profile where alot of strangers would recognize you in a crowd
- Own Rental Property
- Drive a Car
Denver West Insurance Brokers is located in Golden Colorado. We service residents of Golden, Lakewood, Littleton, Arvada, Morrison, Evergreen and the mountain regions all around CO. Give us a call! 303-960-5290, Speak with one of our licensed agents today.
Note: Data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be considered professional advice. Denver West Insurance Brokers makes no representations as to accuracy, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.