WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, 2016
· 1. Make sure your insurance covers sewer breaks and have high liability limits and if you have a condo add 'loss assessments' coverage.
· 2. Write in your lease to do semi-annual inspections. As landlords we need to know that the property is being maintained.
· 3. Can put into lease that the tenant will have the carpet cleaned once a year.
· 4. Can put into lease that if not cleaned to standards that you have the right to provide a cleaning service and charge as additional rent.
· 5. Use a minimum of 620 for their credit scores.
· 6. If below, and you still want to rent to this person, then consider a double deposit.
· 7. Should get paycheck stubs and match with bank statements
· 8. Do a social media check like Facebook. Google the prospective tenants name...see what pops up. You'd be amazed!
Note: Data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be considered professional advice. Denver West Insurance Brokers makes no representations as to accuracy, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only.
It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional
in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between
you and the blog and website publisher.